Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today Saturday, 23rd February, 2019
Top Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today Saturday, 23rd February, 2019: Good morning Nigerians and welcome to Unizikmata Today’s Newspaper Headlines roundup.
1. Nigeria Decides: 1. Buhari Arrives Katsina Ahead Elections: President Muhammadu Buhari has during the evening hours of Friday, February 22 arrived his home town Daura in Katsina state to participate in today’s election.
2. ‘Bullion Vans Spotted’ Entering Tinubu’s Home In Bourdillon: Two bullion vans have been reportedly spotted entering the Bourdillon residence of Bola Tinubu, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party.
3. Nigeria Decides: What Inec Chairman Said Ahead Election: The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (Inec), Mahmood Yakubu has assured Nigerians that it is ready for the 2019 elections on Saturday. This assurance came from the Inec Chairman on Friday in Abuja during a press briefing ahead of the presidential and National Assembly election.
4. Amosun’s Aide Dies As SSG Gets Injured In Auto Crash: Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s aide, Adeniyi Adesanya, lost his life while the Secretary to the Ogun State Government, Taiwo Adeoluwa, was reportedly fatally injured in a ghastly motor accident on Friday evening. UM gathered that the accident occurred at Siun-Kobape along Sagamu-Abeokuta road.
5. Nigeria Decides: What UK Told Inec About Saturday’s Election: Few hours to the commencement of presidential and National Assembly elections, the United Kingdom has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission to be impartial in the conduct of the elections. In a broadcast aired on Friday on the verified Twitter handle of the British High Commission in Nigeria, @UKinNigeria, the British High Commissioner to the country, Ms Catriona Laing, asked Nigerians not to be discouraged to vote again due to the postponement of the elections.
6. PDP Presidential Campaign Spokesperson Kidnapped In Kogi State: As Nigerians decide today, February 23, 2019, who will be the next president on May 29, the Peoples Democratic Party has stated that its presidential campaign spokesperson in Kogi state, Austin Okai, has been kidnapped. The party in its statement claimed that he was abducted on Friday night by armed thugs allegedly sent by the All Progressives Congress (APC).
7. Police Confirm Arrest Of Kwara Senator, Rafiu Ibrahim Few Hours To Election: Less than 24 hours to the National Assembly elections, the Police have arrested Senator Rafiu Ibrahim (representing Kwara South Constituency). When contacted, police spokesperson of the Kwara State Police Command, Okasanmi Ajayi told Newsmen that Senator Rafiu is going through interrogation but did not say when he will be released.
8. Nigeria Decides: Important Numbers To Know About The Elections In Nigeria: There are thousands of fascinating facts and figures about Nigeria as a country, but here are the ones you need to know before Saturday’s poll, where incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari will face opponent Atiku Abubakar.
190 million, The winner of the presidential election will be at the head of a country of 190 million inhabitants. Nevertheless, this is only an estimate (from the National Bureau of Statistics) since the last official census dates from 2006.
9. Few Hours To Presidential Election, Buhari Speaks On Plans To Islamize Nigeria: President Muhammadu Buhari has described as false and wicked, claims by some people that he has an agenda to Islamize Nigeria. The President said this in a statement released on Friday by Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) in reaction to rumours of an Islamization agenda by the Buhari administration.
10. #BBNaija2019: Organizers Announce Online Audition (See Details And How To Participate): Popular reality show had earlier revealed plans to hold the show in Nigeria shortly after the general elections in the country.
11. Europa League Round 16 Draw: Check Out Chelsea, Arsenal Opponents: The Europa League round of 16 draws was conducted on Friday at in Nyon, Switzerland as two English clubs get home advantage in the first leg matches that will be played on March 7 and March 14.
Arsenal beat BATE 3-1 on aggregate to reach the last 16 and their reward is a tie with Rennes, who eliminated Real Betis in the previous round.
That’s the Top Newspaper Headlines for Today Saturday, 23rd February, 2019. See you tomorrow…
Go out there and vote, your vote counts……