All You Need To Know About UNIZIK Pre-Science Programme
All You Need To Know About UNIZIK Pre-Science Programme: Many are still confused on what UNIZIK Pre-science Programme is all about. Here in details, we give all the necessary information you need to know about UNIZIK Pre-science Programme.
- The UNIZIK Pre-Science Programme form is usually sold for N8,000 (Eight Thousand naira) and is obtainable in all banks located within the school (NAU) Awka campus.
- The Pre-science Campus is located at Mbauwku, Awka South L.G.A.
- The minimum academic qualification is five O’ Level credits which will include English, Mathematics and any other three relevant sciences subjects in SSCE, NECO, GCE and NABTEB at not more than two sittings.
- Upon completion and submission of the forms, the O’level results of the applicants will be graded and the names of the successful candidates published at the school’s utility building or most recently on the portal.
- Note that admission into the Prescience Programme is strictly based on first come, first served policy and candidates must have made at least 5 credits.
- Also the Programme is meant for science students ONLY. In terms of the fees and cost of the UNIZIK prescience programme, the programme itself costs N46,500 for those who made their result at a sitting, but costs N47,500 for those who want to combine results.
- Admission is strictly based on merit. Acommodation is usually an issue for some students, as the hostels assigned for pre-science students have a limited number of bed spaces but that should not bother you much as we have available and reliable accommodations for you.
Faculty of Bio-Sciences
Department of Botany
Department of Parasitology & Entomology
Department of Zoology
Department of Applied Biochemistry
Department of Applied Micro-biology and Brewing.
Faculty of Physical Sciences
Department of Geological Sciences
Department of Mathematics
Department of Computer Sciences
Department of Statistics
Department of Pure and Industrial Chemistry
Department of Pure and Industrial Physics
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
Faculty of Health Sciences and Technology
Medical Laboratory Sciences
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Department of Industrial and Production Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
Department of Metallurgical/Material Engineering
Department of Chemical Engineering
Department of Polymer Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Department of Architecture
Department of Building
Department of Estate Management
Department of Survey and Geoinformatics
Department of Geography & Meteorology
Department of Environmental Management
Department of Quantity Survey
Faculty of Education
Department of Technical Education with Options in
* Woodwork and Building Technology
* Mechanical and Automobile Technology
* Electrical and Electronic Technology
Department of Science Education with options in
* Science Education/ Biology
* Science Education/ Physics
* Science Education/ Chemistry
* Science Education/ Computer Science
* Science Education / Integrated Science
Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Agric Economics
Department of Food Science
Department of Crop Science and Horticulture
Department of Soil Science
Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
Department of Animal Sciences and Technology
Department of Forestry and Wild Life Management
How to Apply For UNIZIK Pre-Science Programme
Candidates intending to apply must also register for the joint admission and matriculation board (jamb) examination.
Candidates are eligible to apply if they have a minimum of 5 credits which must include Mathematics and English. The candidate must also satisfy the basic O’Level requirements for the department into which he or she is seeking admission. For example where Chemistry is a basic requirement as in the case of Medicine the candidate must satisfy that requirement at O’Level.
Lectures are offered in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography. The course outlines have been designed to prepare the candidates for JAMB and Pre-Science Examinations.
Method of Application
Forms are obtainable on payment of N8,000 (Eight Thousand Naira) in any of the following Banks at Awka Campus of the University:- First Bank Plc, UBA Plc, Enterprise Bank Plc, Diamond Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, Access Bank, Fidelity Bank Plc and GT Bank Plc.
Completed forms must be returned to the Pre-Science Unit with photocopies of bank tellers, results, birth certificate and testimonial and passports.