We have a report that the Federal Polytechnic, Idah has pulled out of the ongoing Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics strike and a resumption date has been announced for the students.
Here is a copy of a memo sent in from a student of Fed Poly Idah concerning the ASUP strike which was displayed at the school’s notice board;
THE FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH
To: Members of the Polytechnic Community Ref: FPI/E&R/50/V 10/197 From: Academic Affairs Division (Exams & Records) Date: 7th July, 2014
RESUMPTION OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
This is to inform members of the Polytechnic Community, particularly the students of the Institution that the Academic Board has scheduled new dates for the resumption of Academic Activities as follows:
1. Sat 12/7/2014 — Arrival of all 2012/2013 ND II, HND II. 2013/2014 ND I. HND I and remedial students (Pre-ND).
2. Mon 14/7/2014 — Commencement of registration for new Students.
3. Sat 19/7/2014 — Arrival of all returning 2013/2014 ND II and HND II students i e those who have finished ND I and HNDI.
4. Mon 21/7/2014 — Project defence for 2012/2013 HND II Students.
5 Wed 23/7/2014 — Commencement of lectures for all students.
6. Fri. 29/7/2014 — End of registration for all students.
All students are to note these scheduled dates for their compliance, please.
This information shows that Idah Poly is no longer participating in the ongoing industrial action by the polytechnic lectures.